The most ancient and glorious educational institution is Dhaka University. These are some of the reasons why most students dream of studying at Dhaka University after HSC. But this path is not very smooth. Every year, out of millions of students, only a few thousand students get the opportunity to study at this country’s leading centenary university.
If students know detailed information about the unit for which they are taking the entrance exam, preparation becomes more effortless. Today’s discussion will provide detailed information about the Dhaka university B unit subject list. Please read this discussion carefully if you are a humanities student interested in participating in the Dhaka University B Unit Admission Test.
Table of Contents
- Dhaka university B unit subject list
- Dhaka university B unit subject list & Available Seat Number
- DU B Unit Admission Test Mark Distribution
- Dhaka University B Unit Admission Test Pass Number
- Dhaka university B unit process Calculate the Merit Score.
Dhaka university B unit subject list
Students who want to participate in the Dhaka University B Unit Admission Test have been provided the Dhaka university B unit subject list during this discussion. Please read our article carefully if you are interested in participating in Dhaka University B Unit Admission Test.
Dhaka University authorities divide the admission test into five units. A, B, C, D, and E admission tests are conducted. In today’s article, we will mention detailed information for Dhaka University B Unit. You can know all the Dhaka University B Unit Subject List information.
Dhaka University allows only humanities students to sit for the exam in B Unit. One can get admission into other faculties and institutes from this unit, such as the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Arts, and the Faculty of Social Sciences. There are five faculties and five institutes in B Unit.
The faculties included in the B Unit of Dhaka University are
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Biology.
The institutes included in Unit B of Dhaka University are
- Education and Research Institute
- Social Welfare and Research Institute
- Institute of Modern Language Education
- Institute of Health Economics
- Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies
Dhaka university B unit subject list & Available Seat Number
A total of 58 thousand 551 students participated in the admission test against 1458 seats in the DU B unit. 33 students compete against each seat. According to the academic year 2021-2022, the total seats were 1458 in the B unit of Dhaka University. However, the circular has not mentioned how many seats are allocated for each subject. There are 44 subjects in Unit B. The following table lists the subjects:
|Faculty of Law||Law||65|
|Faculty of Arts||English||25|
|Persian Language and Literature||30|
|Pali and Buddhist Studies||30|
|Islamic History and Culture||40|
|Information Technology and Library Management||20|
|Theatre and Performance Studies||10|
|World Religion and Culture||40|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Economics||78|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Political Science||100|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||International Relation||50|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Sociology||40|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Mass Communication and Journalism||33|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Public Administration||60|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Anthropology||25|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Population Science||30|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Peace and Conflict Studies||25|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Woman and Gender Studies||25|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Development Studies||15|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Television, Film, and Photography||20|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Criminology||40|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Communication Disorders||20|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Print and Publication Studies||20|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Japanese Studies||45|
|Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences||Geography and Environment||20|
|Faculty of Biology||Psychology||30|
|Education and Research Institute||Teaching and Research||60|
|Social Welfare and Research Institute||Social Welfare||15|
|Institute of Modern Language Education||English for Speakers of Other Language||15|
|French Language and Culture||15|
|Chinese Language and Culture||15|
|Japanese Language and Culture||15|
|Institute of Health Economics||Health – Economics.||30|
|Institute of Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies||Disaster Management and Vulnerability Studies||30|
DU B Unit Admission Test Mark Distribution
Both an MCQ and a written admission test will be held at Dhaka University. The MCQ exam used to carry 75 marks but has now been changed to 60. The written exam will have a total of 40 points. Each test will be allotted 45 minutes.
- Mark Distribution of Multiple Choice question
Every correct answer will be worth one mark in the MCQ exam. There will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer based on the subject. There will be 15 MCQs each in Bengali, English, and General Knowledge, for 60 MCQs. These candidates will be able to answer the question in Bengali.
- Mark distribution of written test
The written part of the admission test will have 40 marks. General knowledge questions will not be included in this section. Each of the Bengali and English questions will be worth 20 marks.
Dhaka University B Unit Admission Test Pass Number
A pass mark of 40 out of 100 is required for the entrance exam. Applicants who fail to achieve 40 marks are not eligible for admission. Also, candidates who get at least 24 marks in the MCQ part of the admission test will be considered passed if they get at least 05 marks in Bengali, 05 in English, 10 in general knowledge, and 05 in Bengali.
Dhaka university B unit process Calculate the Merit Score.
- A merit list of candidates will be prepared based on a total of 120 marks.
- A candidate’s merit score is calculated by multiplying their secondary school grade point average by 2 and their higher secondary college grade point average by two and adding these two numbers to their entrance test score.
- Suppose two or more candidates have the same merit score. In that case, the merit order will be determined by averaging the marks received in the entrance test’s Bengali or Elective English and English subjects, as applicable.
- GPA obtained in Higher Secondary/Equivalent Examination (excluding 4th subject).
- GPA obtained in Higher Secondary/Equivalent Examination (including 4th subject).
- GPA obtained in Secondary/Equivalent Examination (excluding 4th subject).
- GPA obtained in Secondary/Equivalent Examination (including 4th subject).
Thank you for reading today’s article. I hope you have learned all you need to know. Today, we discussed the details of the Dhaka University B Unit subject list. Remember one thing, The above information is written according to last year’s rules. The Subject list may change at any time.