If you are a student of Independent University, Bangladesh and want to know IUB Grading System, then this post is for you. Here in this post we will talk about Independent university Bangladesh grading system. It is helpful for taking a good preparation and grade mapping.
Table of Contents
IUB Grading System
|Z***||No Grades Received||0|
- A ‘Y’ grade means audit. A student may decide to audit a course of his/her interest. In this case, the student pays the full tuition fee for the course, attends the classes, but is not required to sit for the exams or turn in the assignments. No credit is earned.
- An ‘O’ grade is given to a student who has been administratively discontinued by the management as a punitive measure.
- A ‘Z’ grade is a symbol assigned by the Registrar’s Office if no grade is received within the deadline. A transcript shows the earned credit, grade status for course(s) taken at IUB and those transferred from other institutions.
- A CGPA of less than 2.00 will result in the student being placed on probation and such a student must immediately consult his/her advisor and the Student Counselor.
- If the CGPA is below 1.5, and the student is on probation for two successive semesters at the end of which his/her admission to this University is cancelled.
- If the CGPA is 1.5 or above but still below 2.00, the student is permitted to continue for one more semester on probation. By the end of this third semester in probation, the student must increase the CGPA to 2.00 or above; otherwise his/her admission to this University will be cancelled.